HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-21-2005, 05:42 PM   #1
*_Patty H_*

My navelbine quit working for me and I started gemzar last Friday. This is my first time for gemzar+herceptin. I have the paper they gave me about side effect at treatment, but I was wondering what kind of side effects any of you who had gemzar had. I already have sores in my mouth and some stomach distress. On navelbine,I had little to none side effects. Patty H
Old 03-21-2005, 09:46 PM   #2
Lolly

Patty, I haven't had Gemzar, but my friend has been on it for quite a while and has tolerated it pretty well. She had to start Procrit a couple of months ago, as her red counts gradually sank until she had no energy and slept all the time...now she says she feels back to normal. Don't wait till you're completely exhausted to complain about the tiredness, as it takes a while for the Procrit to work. Good luck, and keep us posted :)

<3,
Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:34 AM   #3
lu ann

I was also on navelbine which didn't work so switched to gemsar. I only had one tx. but did not have any significant side effects. My wbc was down so I couldn't get my tx. last week. Got 3 shots instead. I start again tomorrow and will let you know how things are going for me. Blessings, Lu Ann.
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote