HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-21-2004, 12:27 AM   #1
*_Shannon_*

I have not posted in quite sometime, first I was confused, this site is a little more savy then the last (love them both!) and now I am 20 radiations into my 35. Boy am I getting pooped! I am also back to work mostly full time with all the dramtics that goes along with being a Manager in a disfunctional work world.
Ok, enough about all of that. I dont think I am itching, I think I am weird about the allagator skin that I feel when I rub my neck or under my boob! It is sooo not me! I put on the biafine that they gave me, and I am not looking for anything other then, this too will pass.
It has been a long year, and I was hoping I could end treatment and be treatment free going into the new year, but radiation seems like it is going to take me into mid January, so I too will be celebrating a fiscal year like those companies do.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:05 PM   #2
Lolly

Shannon, try pure Aloe Vera Gel which can be found in most health food stores now...I decanted some into a purse size squeeze bottle that I carried with me and whenever I felt discomfort (tight dry skin, burning, itching etc.) I would find a restroom and pat the gel gently onto the rads areas.
This was recommended to me by my rad doc and the nurses, and it really helped me. I never blistered, although there was some peeling after I had finished rads.

Love, Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote