HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-01-2004, 01:10 AM   #1
Carol Hays

I'd like some input on the side effects of Navelbine. This is my second time to use this in conjuction with Herceptin. It seems the last time my counts would drop and even Procrit did not help. On the 5th I will be starting back on it. What are some side effects others have experiences?
Old 03-01-2004, 05:22 AM   #2
Brian

My wife had 6 months of Taxotere/Navilbene. The major side effect of the treatment was that her neutrifil counts would drop drastically. This was treated with weekly shots of Neulasta. My wife also experienced chemical burns to her arm from the administration of the drug. The reason for this was that her prior treatment of CAF was done interveniously and her blood vessels in her arm were permenantly damaged. As a result she had a port put in and we had no trouble after that.
Please note that early on in the six month treatment schedule my wife had no significant side effects(other than hair loss). However the treatment had a cumulative effects and each month brought increased fatigue and slower recovery of the blood counts.