HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-06-2004, 03:40 AM   #1
Linda in MI.

Hi Ladies,

Well, as all of you know, I announced my NED of my lungs 2 weeks ago. Despite that I continued to have shortness of breath. No effusions showed on my NED ct scan. I had a spiral ct scan of my lungs to check for blood clots which was negative but then the pleural effusions showed up. I was admitted last week for drainage and felt better for a few days but then started feeling short of breath again. I was admitted for another drainage, which I had on Wed. but now I'm scheduled for the lung talc procedure tomorroe.

I'm a little scared but I know the success rate is 95% and I'm looking forward to being able to breathe again and not feel so tired and exhausted. I just need some prayers from my angels and reassurance that I can make it past this bump in the road.

Blessings and Hugs,

Linda in MI.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:59 AM   #2
Sheila

You will be in our prayers Linda...we all need prayers, I pray everyday, not only for myself but for anyone afflicted with this disease.
Hugs
Sheila
Old 02-06-2004, 04:04 AM   #3
Annamarie16

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. It is always frightening when you have to have a procedure done. Praying that your surgery is a success and your recovery time speedy.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:06 AM   #4
Lolly

Good luck Linda, I'll be sending good thoughts your way!
Hugs,
Lolly
Old 02-06-2004, 05:47 AM   #5
pattie

Dear Linda, Hi, I don't post here very often, but a read alot of messages. I just had to reply to you and let you know you are not alone out there. I, too, have had a talcing done. It certainly wasn't an easy procedure, but you will get through it. People say it is very painful, but I just took all the drugs they wanted to give me and I don't remember alot about it, other than I felt like a chicken on a rotissereri(spelling??) grill. I had chest tubes in and had to keep turning over and over a few times so the talcing could do its work. That was 5 years ago and I have not had a problem with my lung since. Good luck to you, know that it works and you are in my prayers. pattie
Old 02-06-2004, 07:55 AM   #6
Linda in MI.

Hi Pattie,

THanks so much for your post. It helps to talk to people who have been through it. I was terrified about the excruciating pain I had heard about but my thoracic surgeon told me that they will be giving me an epidural catheter that will stay in for 2 or 3 days so I will not be in pain. Boy does that sound good!! I guess they have improved things. Sorry you had to suffer so much. Ecstatic to hear that it helped you so much.

So, your lungs/breathing are "normal"? No long term side effects?

Blessings and Hugs,

Linda in MI.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:17 AM   #7
Pattie Mignogna

Hi, Linda, glad I could help you. My breathing and lungs do not really feel like they did before this happened. I never feel like I can take a real deep breath all the way down and I feel a numbness around where the chest tubes were put in. However, I've grown used to it and it really doesn't bother me. I can't exercise as intensely as I did before, or run, but I do walk for exercise and I have 3 kids and do alot of running around,I feel like I am 90% where I was before all this happened - I'm just glad to be alive. I'm so happy to hear they've improved on the pain meds. I'm sure this is not going to be a walk in the park for you, but you will probably amaze yourself at how quickly you will recover. I think my problems were compounded because my lung collapsed (they were doing a pleurocentises to remove fluid from my lung and my lung collapsed. They then put the chest tubes in and did the talcing because there was a hole in the pleural lining of the lung caused by the cancer. They wanted to stop the fluid from accumulating again. Like I said I have not had a problem since. It took some getting used to in the beginning because of the numbness, etc., but I really don't notice it much anymore. Anything is better than feeling that fluid build up in the pleural cavity. Please e-mail me at PMig317@aol.com if you wish. I am here for you anytime you need a shoulder to cry on or someone to talk to. It is so much easier to discuss feelings with someone who has been there. Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know you will do just fine. Love, pattie