HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-06-2004, 10:19 PM   #1
Anonymous

HI I can't seem to get the name of this problem straight either, but it means that the cancer has gone to my spinal fluid and menengies and there aren't many treatment options. Life span is very short after diagnosis. I am hoping to try some chemo that will seep into the spinal fluid. They have told me that wbr damages the membrane to the brain and this is a possibility. If my husband didn't want me to do it I probably wouldn't, as the chances are low, but I'm still feeling good, so I'll try. Please pray for me.
Thanks Julie
Old 02-07-2004, 02:41 AM   #2
Lisa

Julie,
Somewhere on the web while I was searching, I came across massive doses of antibiotics as a treatment. Have your doctors' tried this?

Much prayer sent up for you.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 02-07-2004, 04:11 AM   #3
Steph N.

That is the info I came up with finally. Web sources list several causes for this and don't say much about mets as the cause.
Perhaps CHRISTINE - the Angel behind this site - who has a lot of experience with brain mets can give you some info. She seems to be pretty plugged in to her cancer research center in S. Cal.
I think she also had WBR - see her story in the 'stories" section of this site.
Go for anything that may help - with a positive attitude and fighting spirit, this will increase your chances far and above what they will quote you as a statistic. (That is how I OVERCAME!)
Old 02-07-2004, 06:29 AM   #4
JUlie

I saw an article about the antibiotics and plan to show it to my dr. I'm worried about chemo making me sick while I'll not sick from the cancer yet.
Thanks again for everyone's help.
Julie
Old 02-08-2004, 09:16 AM   #5
michele u

Julie,
How did they diagnose it in your spinal fluid? Di
they do a MRI or a spinal tap? My Dr. thought I had this too.My MRI was normal but maybe I need a spinal tap? Keep your chin up! There is always something someone can try!
Michele