HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-12-2004, 02:17 AM   #1
Pam

I have bone mets. I just started navelbine & herceptin in January. My ca2729 before my 1st treatment was 55. This month my marker rose to 67. That was only after 2 treatments because my white blood counts went too low & I had to miss a treatment. BUT I'm concerned that even after only 2 treatments the marker shouldn't be higher if the chemo is working; maybe it's too early be show decline, but at least should have been stable. My onc. didn't seem alarmed, said to wait a few weeks & we'll measure again. But he wasn't concerned a few months ago when the markers started rising from normal range & it turned out to be an accurate indicator. How do you access this? Anyone on navelbine with similar delay is showing good results? Thanks. Pam
Old 02-12-2004, 06:41 AM   #2
Lisa

Pam,

I'm on Navelbine and have been weekly since September (liver and bone mets). I don't know when the decline started, but the markers continue to go down. Remember that if you have a Neulasta shot when your while blood count is down, that you won't have to miss a treatment.

I'll bet your onc is right. Give the markers a couple more weeks.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 02-12-2004, 08:31 PM   #3
marcy

My doctor says that Herceptin and Taxatere (once every three weeks with Herceptin given weekly) IS the cutting edge treatment. You might want to ask your doctor about that. Wishing you all the best.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:56 PM   #4
Lyn

Hi although I have not had bone mets I have been on Taxotere before on its own, and Herceptin and Navelbine together. When I finished the taxotere after a month it was back but the Her/Nav got rid of it, that was quite a time ago now and I am now having rads for it back in my neck again, I have had success with radiation before. My uncle has just been treated for an incurable white melonoma with a small spot on the lung, that was successful but now back in his spine, liver and lungs. He has the same onc as me eventhough we are thousands of miles apart. His first treatment is radiation to the spine, he will have 10 doses then they will access the rest of the problems, it started this week. Apparently the radiation takes a while to take effect also as it keeps on working for ages eventhough you are not aware of it, so hopefully you may just be a bit slow on the uptake.

Hugs Lyn