HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-27-2004, 09:11 AM   #1
Linda in MI.

Hello,

JUst to update everyone about how I'm doing. The lung talc procedure was extremely rough but I'm feeling a little stronger every day. It just bothers me to be on the oxygen because I feel so confined. For anyone else who had this, how long were you on the oxygen? I can do without it if I'm sitting still or walk a short distance to the bathroom but anything more than that I need it.

My surgeon told me today that the procedure was successful 80%. 20% of my lung has not inflated, probably because of leftover tumor cells (not "tumors'), just cells left over. I will start on navalbine/herceptin combo next week that I pray takes care of this. I also have a small amount of fluid on the right lung but too small to tap so hopefully chemo will zap that as well. I have had a lot of chest x-rays and everything has stayed stable which is great news.

My spirits are positive but I still feel very weak and just want to be able to breathe and walk normally, take care of my kids, drive my car, you know the things we take for granted!!!

Any words of encouragement/advice would be apprecaited. I love you all.

Blessings and Hugs,

Linda in MI.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:26 PM   #2
eleanor

Hi Linda,
I've been off for awhile and just saw this post. So...........since it's the next page and you may not see it. I will set up a new post later today. Hope you're doing well.
hugs
el