HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-03-2004, 09:54 AM   #1
michele u

I would like to know how many of you all were in the Herceptin trial? And how far out is everyone, and if they had a recurrence after the trial. The trial is now closed and started 2000. In june they will be releasing the results and my Dr. from nebraska will be going to the meeting. I hope to get the inside info of the results!!
Old 03-03-2004, 11:45 PM   #2
Cindi

Michele,

What trial are you speaking of? I am enrolled in the SWOG N9831 trial. Dx, 4/02, Stage 2A, 1 node pos., Her+++. Completed weekly Herceptin November, 2003. NED. When I checked NCI, this trial is still open.

It would be great to see some results from any trial of Herceptin usage for early stage BC. When will results be released?

God Bless.
Cindi
Old 03-04-2004, 05:41 AM   #3
Dolores

Michele,

Thanks for the info--

I was not in a trial, but my oncologist duplicated one. I was dx in May of 2001 with stage 2B, invasive ductal carcinoma, 5 out of 10 nodes were positive. I had 4 rounds of adriamyacin with cytoxin every 3 weeks, followed by 4 rounds of taxol every 3 weeks. The last taxol treatment was given with herceptin. That was the duplication of a trial.

I had no mets to organs or bones.

I continued received Herceptin once a week for a year all the while I received 30 doses of radiation.

(I continued receiving Herceptin once every 3 weeks for 9 months after that)--My onc discontinued stating that she did not want me to get immune to Herceptin adding that since I had responded so well and did not have mets, it would always be there for me. She told me she would keep close tabs on me with continued blood work and tests (I get a PET scan once a year)and see her every 3 months.

I feel great and just had a PET this past Friday and all is well. (I take it one day at at time).

Please, keep us posted as to when the results will be out.

Hugs and God Bless

I had a masectomy followed a year later with a tram flap.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:16 AM   #4
michele u

cindi,
your right, i guess the trial is still open. i talked to my onc today and he will be attending the meeting in june in New Orleans. He said they should give some kind of info on the study and how it is going.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:18 AM   #5
Cindi

Michele,

Certainly if your doctor gets some information on the trial's progress, please pass it on. I had heard that we should start to hear results by 2005 or 2006. Thanks for checking with your doctor.

God Bless.