Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-17-2004, 01:14 AM   #1
Lauren

I am starting to freak out.....

Lauren
Old 04-17-2004, 03:38 AM   #2
Beth

Hi Lauren,
I was in the trial for adjuvent therapy herceptin. I received herceptin for 1 year after AC and taxol. I completed my herceptin in November, 2002. No recurrence for me. I pray that remains.
Old 04-17-2004, 08:05 AM   #3
Another Lauren

Hi Lauren... I'm nearing the end of my early stage herceptin treatment (out of trial) - Had AC/Taxotere and started herceptin with the taxotere... I will have a total of 15 months when I finish in July. I had a 1.5 cm tumor, 1+ (out of 23 removed), Her2+, er/pr both 90%+, I was diagnosed at age 33. I also get lupron shots and take arimidex (and cleebrex).

Naturally, I worry about the same thing, but honestly I have yet to find many women with a recur who were on the early stage herceptin trial. I'm so sad to read Lisa's post and she is wonderful to think of others at this diffciult time in her life. I read many support boards and have seen very few (really this is the only one) who had a recur with early stage herceptin. Read the profiles in courage board on this site... there are lots of long term, early stage herceptin survivors there....

Keep the faith...

My prayers and best thoughts are with you... and Lisa - and all of the wonderful her2+ women out there.

Love and hugs,
Lauren
Old 04-17-2004, 08:28 AM   #4
Audrey

Hi Lauren, I completed participation in the early stage Herceptin trial a little over a year ago and am still NED. I was diagnosed with Stage III cancer, (a 15 cm tumor--some kind of world's record?) with 11+ nodes. I had 12 weeks of A/C, followed by 12 weekly Taxol treatments, radiation and weekly Herceptin for 1 year. Have been on no treatment for over a year and am so happy to still be alive and well--I really do think Herceptin helps prevent a recurrence, or at least delay a recurrence for a while. Hope this is encouraging to you and others on this board--keep the faith!-Audrey
Old 04-18-2004, 11:19 PM   #5
Cindi

Lauren,

I was Stage 2A, 1.7 tumor, 1+ node, ER-, PR- at diagnosis in April, 2002. Finished AC/Taxol and then 1 year of Herceptin in clinical trial in November of 2003. So far, so good. Still NED.
Hopefully this trial will prove that Lisa's case was an isolated one. Thanks to Lisa for her bravery and consideration in passing on her reoccurance news to us. Surely her new Herceptin regiment will put her back to NED very quickly.

Cindi.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:32 AM   #6
tracie roos

Hi Lauren, I had herceptin for early stage bc. 2cm. node negative, and am coming up on 3 yrs. NED. I'm sure there are alot of them out there. I try to think of all the bc survivors I have met on my journey that are alot farther along in their journey then we are and who probably weren't even tested for her-2 back then, and they are still doing fine. That helps me to stay positive and hope to be one of them someday helping out us newbys!