HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-02-2004, 09:22 PM   #1
pattyz

Taking our first breath is our guarantee of regular rides on that roller coaster... Cancer (or whatever) gives us a non-refundable Season Pass ensuring even MORE frequent rides...

This possible dx of brain mets always ALWAYS is terrifying. But, I want you to know that at my second brain mets dx, possibly 15 new tumors were seen on films.

They ranged in size from 3mm to 8mm. It was 7 wks before the first four were treated. SEVEN months later, another four. Finally after NINE months of monitoring, the final six were treated.

Waiting is hardest when you don't know what to expect. I only hope to give you my experience as an example of how 'keeping an eye' out for progression doesn't have to be quite so terrifying.

It sounds like you already have good info and resources at your disposal. Those are huge advantages...

hugs,
pattyz

Old 07-27-2004, 10:04 PM   #2
pattyz

Thanks, twice over )

I figure if I had the last of visable tumors treated the first few days of March with no new ones showing up....it's nearly the end of July now...I count that as five. Someone else might not.

hugs,
pattyz
Old 07-29-2004, 11:19 AM   #3
pattyz

No, not what you wanted to hear, for sure. I'm glad we had these most recent discussions on brain mets more than ever now.

ok. At the worst, I had a possible 15 brain mets AT ONE TIME (turned out to be 14). Because of my refusal of WBR we treated the biggest/or most critical areas first. That meant four at one time.

First were treated in May '03, MRIs' every two months keeping an eye on growth. Didn't have the next four treated until Dec '03. They grew that slowly. And finally the CyberKnife x two, treated the final six in March of this year.

So, it CAN be done. There are many things to consider, certain qualifications etc. How you feel about your choices are the most important thing.

You may hear dire warnings, see grim faces, but because of the cumulative experiences on these boards, you KNOW that this is NOT the worst thing that can happen.

I know you'll do your own research and make your own decision. And we'll support you the whole way.

hugs,
pattyz xoxox
Old 08-03-2004, 02:58 AM   #4
Janelle

Keeping you in those thoughts and prayers for sure today! Keep us posted the minute you know something.

Hugs
Old 08-04-2004, 08:12 AM   #5
al

Just let us know what we can do to help! You are an insiration to all!
Love,
Al and Linda