HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-05-2004, 12:19 AM   #1
gail prince

my daughter has breast liver mets. was innumeral no in liver. has been on herceptin, carbopl. and herceptin for ten weekly doses. breast is smaller, but ct scan after nine weeks indicated more tumors, hip involvment and no reduction in tumor size. her liver enzymes have come down to almost normal. she feels good and tolerates the treatment. onc. thinks blood work is more accurate than ctscan and says she is stable or improving. anyone else have this experience or any infor for me. site is a blessing. you are a brave crowd. she is to depressed to check out the site. has no nothing, but doomsville for first day. was diagnosed april 04. thanks. love gail
Old 08-05-2004, 12:46 AM   #2
Christine

Sounds like your daughter is making good progress. These drugs are still doing their work, which is why the blood markers are lower. The scans should show some remission but sometimes it is difficult to see major differences in the scans early on. As time goes on scans will stablize hopefully and , so.... besides feeling better , her scans will look better too. Dobl.
Hugs to you both
Old 08-06-2004, 12:39 AM   #3
gail

are you the one who srarted this web site. is wonderful. i visit it almost every day for news and hope. my daughter is stage 4 with breast and liver mets. thanks to all of you who post. hugs, blessings and every good thing. gail
Old 08-06-2004, 02:12 AM   #4
Kitty

Gail,

11 weeks brought it to just a small scar like area. I continued with weekly treatments for a total of 32 weeks to get it totally good and gone. Tell your daughter to hang in there....I couldn't tell if she is getting taxol or taxotere in addition to weekly carboplatin and herceptin. If not, it might not hurt to ask to add. Good luck!!!!
Kitty