HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-25-2004, 03:27 AM   #1
Eleanor

Well Ladies, it appears my oldest child will be moving out this week (he's 19 & in college) so he will be taking HIS computer with him (hah! the nerve). Anyway, so I will be absent for awhile since a new computer is not in the budget for awhile (all my money is in my two highschool age daughters).
I will be thinking of all of you and will continue to say a prayer every night for all of the families who must deal with this illness.
May you all continue to be strong and I hope to be reading lots of good news the next time I'm able to log on.
Lots of cyber hugs
el
Old 08-25-2004, 03:58 AM   #2
Steph N

Hi El -
You should be able to use the computer at your local library, even in smaller towns they have them now. So, when your daughters have something to look up for school, go with them and use the computer.
Hope you will keep us posted on your progress.
Smiles and {{{{hugs}}}}
Old 08-25-2004, 08:01 AM   #3
Jackie

Don't forget your neighbors. I have a computerless friend who comes over to use mine from time to time, and I don't mind a bit. Especially because she brings brownies occasionally! Hope you get it worked out!
Old 08-25-2004, 08:05 AM   #4
Lolly

Eleanor, sounds like you have your hands full with one in college and two on the way! Keep a smile in your heart for us, and we'll do the same for you, until we "see" you again.
Love, Lolly
Old 08-25-2004, 10:28 AM   #5
Ruth S

El,

I am so sorry that you lose your connection to us but completely understand the computer issue! I have a couple of tax franchises and have older computers (3 years old) that I would be happy to share. My offices usually require a changeover every two years. You may even have a tax office that is close to where you live and can get one through them-most give them away or donate to charity. I would be happy to help you with this. Email me personally if you are interested.
Peace, Ruth
Old 08-25-2004, 11:08 AM   #6
Sandy H.

Yes, you can use the computers at the library. I have used them when I have been away from home. My brother and family just returned from vacation in Canada and I got e-mails from them while they were on the road. Its wonderful to have this option. Hugs, Sandy
Old 08-25-2004, 01:51 PM   #7
janelle

Eleanor..

The library sounds like a great idea, or even stop by a cyber cafe on occasion. You can get free emails at Hotmail and a few others, so you could still send and receive emails.

Please don't be a stranger.. make an outing at least once a week to keep us informed of what you are up to.

Hugs ~