HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-18-2004, 11:21 PM   #1
Eleanor

Hi Ladies,
Things continue to look up. I just had a series of scans (CTs & Muga) and everything is still clear. I am back to weekly herceptin and having no problems.
Execpt ONE. Is anyone else experiencing what seems to be something like arthritis in their fingers and toes? It's not a numbing or tingling effect. It hurts to bend my fingers or make a fist. Also, my ankles/toes and the bones at the top of my feet just plain hurt. Sometimes it is painful to walk. This has been going on for a while, and quite frankly should be the least of my problems, but I was curious to know if this is common. I am on weekly herceptin and not on any chemo (finished chemo back in Sept).
Thanks
el
Old 05-18-2004, 11:54 PM   #2
kristen

Hi Eleanor,
I am on Herceptin every 3 weeks and also had it weekly during chemo and my hands do feel like they have arthritis. I don't have the same feeling in the feet or ankles, it just feels stiff in the morning until i get them going.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:03 AM   #3
Michele U

I have been having those symptoms for awhile now. I thought it was from the taxol but i'm still having them on weekly herceptin. Maybe its from the herceptin. My fingers and toes feel the same way! It comes and goes and is bearable.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:32 AM   #4
Lolly

YES, but after 3+ years it's slowly eased up. I believe my immune system got "revved up" from Herceptin, and a condition similar to rheumatoid arthritis set in(my PCP even tested me for Gout) but it seems to have been temporary. I still notice it when the weather changes, though!
Love, Lolly

Old 05-19-2004, 03:10 AM   #5
Cindi

My fingers/joints were very stiff as well as my knee joints. I noticed it especially after I completed my 12 months of Herceptin in trial. I asked the Doctor if I could try Celebrex (Aleve and ibprofen weren't doing it). It has made a world of difference. The pain is gone.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:38 AM   #6
janelle

Is this a new design Or the ones that have been on sale (the watercolor)? How exciting if it's a new one!

I'm going to the PO tomorrow, so thanks for the heads up.

~hugs