HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-14-2003, 02:04 AM   #1
Gail S

Are you from England or the states. In the states the best pancreatic enzymes would be WOBENZYMES. ALso, we went out last night and purchased the exact IP6 that Elaine is taking. We found them at a Health Vitamine Shoppe.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:20 AM   #2
Jacqui

Exactly which IP6 product from VitaminShoppe please? And how much do you take? And when? Fasting of with food?

(Sorry, so many questons...)
Old 12-14-2003, 05:33 AM   #3
kathy

Hi Gail,
Where do you find the wobezynes?
Thanks.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:10 AM   #4
Paul

The cross-link below will take you to a NABCO fact sheet regarding aromatase inhibitors. In question #7, it is noted that Arimidex and Femara are reversible inhibitors. Aromasin (exemestane) is an irreversible inactivator. Unlike Arimidex and Femara, Aromasin permanently blocks aromatase from producing estrogen once a woman has taken it.

Faslodex, is not an aromatase inhibitor, it is an estrogen receptor down-regulator and permanently damages the estrogen receptor, unlike tamoxifen that simply blocks the receptor while the drug is taken.

There is no long-term survival data that addresses which drug is best. There are several studies that show that the AIs and ERDs are better than tamoxifen in reducing recurence. Limited studies are available comparing the AIs and ERDs.

The drugs that are FDA-approved for adjuvant therapy are Tamoxifen and Arimidex. Femara, Aromasin and Faslodex are FDA-approved for Stage IV use.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:50 AM   #5
Lolly

Hi Kathy; It was natural menopauae, no HRT as I didn't want any...I didn't see doctors or OBGYN's during the 5+ years that I was going through pre-menopause(in hindsight, stupid), so didn't have any one pushing HRT on me. I think now they're a little more careful about it since the studies have linked it to higher risk for cancer, but little comfort for you probably.
My daughter is facing a partial hysterectomy due to severe endiometrial(sp?) disease, but they hope to leave her ovaries in place so she won't need HRT. I'll sure worry about her if she has to take hormones...
Love, Lolly