HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-23-2004, 01:47 PM   #1
AlaskaAngel

I have yet to see any predictor that includes HER2 status, and I don't understand why.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:53 PM   #2
kristen

I'm with you on that, that's what i keep saying, nothing is out there, and they have done how many trials? something should be somewhere, christine has been on herceptin what 10 years now???
Old 09-24-2004, 04:41 AM   #3
AlaskaAngel

I especially don't understand why there don't seem to be any predictors that include HER2 since it very clearly has been repeatedly emphasized to me that being HER2+++ was very important in the decision to recommend the "most effective" (read that, "nastiest, most awful") chemo available at the time.

I gather that the predictors I've seen are based on a meta-analysis of certain studies and those studies were old enough that they don't include much reliable data on being HER2 positive...

But why haven't they "gotten around to" figuring out a predictor that includes HER2 + or - using more recent data? Is it because data collection is so awful that they can't rely on it?... but in that case, are they willing to use being HER2 + as a characteristic to convince people to do treatment anyhow even if they don't know for sure?

I just think that if they really do have the clear data on HER2+ or - they wouldn't be so clear on the one hand and so vague when it comes to predictors. With computers to help calculate the data now it can't be THAT complicated to figure out.

A.A.

A.A.