HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-19-2004, 09:16 PM   #1
Annemarie

I may do the vaccine. I had to get all of my scans done and a blood test prior to entering. I live in NY and the trial is in Pittsburg. I knew a man with Lymphoma. The Drs. gave him a few years at best. He flew out to CA from NY for this vaccine and lived 13 years. He died of colon cancer because he did not go for routine check ups and he was s Dr. himself. I am not saying this vacinne is a cure and the distance sure is a pain but I will do anything to save my life. Where their is life their is hope.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:39 AM   #2
Barbara

Annemarie:

I live in Arizona but would be willing to travel to get the vaccine. Do you know of any site taking Stage 2B, i positve node patients. I was told by the University of Washington study nurse that to be included there I had to be at least 2B with four or more positive nodes. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:10 PM   #3
Annemarie

Hi,
You have to be NED and be positive for a specific HLA type (a set of unique protein expressed on all of the cells in your body) If you are not the speccific HLA type required you will be ineligible for the vaccine. If you are HLA-A2 positive and qualify you can receive the vaccine. I did hear that you can have the blood test done locally rather than travel. Hope this helps. I am going to have my oncology lab send out the blood on Friday to test me. Good luck.