HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2015, 01:44 PM   #2
jene1835

Re: Tykerb/Xeloda

Hello WayTooYoung: I am a newbie, just joined today. I'm Stage IV Metastatic Breast cancer with bone mets in 2009. Breast recur with mets to right cerebellum 2012. Craniomity 8/2013. 2014 brain recur, age 53.

I was on Tykerb, just like you 5 pills day, empty stomach. I take all my medication(s) in the morning when I first wake up - - then there is no question (for me) as to whether or not I took them. It is is the easiest for me.

I am currently off of Tykerb since October 2014 when my brain tumor showed recur and growth (1.1mm) My only options were cyberknife radiation, of which I had 2 (May 2012 and May 2014) and since being Stage IV I will get chemo fir my life time.

I am currently in a trial of Neratinib and Xeloda. I have been in this trial since 10-28-2014 its purpose was to address all of my tumors growths, which I will say has not worked as of yet. My tumor in cerebellum (right side) is growing. The trial is 21 days per cycle. 6 Neratinib one time day with food. 3 Xeloda 2 times a day with 12 hour intervals between each 3 pill dosage with food. Lomotil up to maximum of 8 tablets a day to control diarrhea. These are for 14 days. Do not take Neratinib for 7 days, but continue with Neratinib and Lomotil. At the end of the cycle, go to the clinician, refill my pills and start the next cycle. I am getting ready to start Cycle 5 Day 1 on Tuesday Jan 20th.

I am no longer on Tykerb, Arimidix, or Herceptin. I get Zometa only every three months (next one is Feb 2015) because I am at my five year mark.

How are you tolerating your treatment(s)? Do you get reimbursed for Tykerb? I have information on a reimbursement place . . . coz it is very costly, as you know.

I'll be checking this site to see if there is a response from you.

Take Care - - Keep looking up!
jene1835 is offline   Reply With Quote