HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
'lizbeth

Re: Increased risk for endometrial cancer

I'm glad you received some answers. It sounds like you have a wonderful doctor that is taking good care of you.

I have a friend who has ovarian cancer and I was really frightened at the thought of having cancer there. Breast cancer really isn't that bad when found early. I was quite happy to have something growing for once - that was benign!

I think your body is just confused . . . now what am I supposed to be doing? Aging gracefully, or preparing for the next generation. Hmmmmm . . . .

Let me just warn you how painful those biopsies can be, at the very least take some Tylenol. Better yet, discuss it with your doctor and see if she can offer something even better.

Her2 mets to the uterus are quite rare. It is very unlikely that you would have one. It is more likely a little post menopausal confusion after your body has recovered from chemopause.

Your GYN is on top of the situation, but it sounds like an abundance of good caution.

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
anna4969

Smile Re: Increased risk for endometrial cancer

Lizbeth,

Once again, thank you for such reasonable and reassuring words. I was so delighted to see a response from you.

Onc did call me early evening and he agrees fully with the GYN's plan. I feel so much more calm that he is in the loop and agrees. Wow, it strikes me every time I realize how his words comfort me. Just two strangers at one time thrown together because of this ugly cancer crap and you develop such strong relationships. It is really something isn't it? I can't imagine how hard it must be to have to change oncs for whatever reasons. The trust you develop just can't be measured.

Thank you so much for the advice on the biopsy. Yes, her several attempts last week, were not nice. I was a unprepared and would have dosed up on Motrin or Aleve had I realized. She did give it a good shot but said she needed to stop because it was becoming torturous and it was. So, you bet, I will dose up on one of those prior to my August 8th attempt.

I do, in my heart, feel that my body is just confused. I never was a regular kind of girl but the 2 years before my diagnosis, I was like clock work. Along comes chemo to jazz that up and now maybe my body just wants to do what it should have been doing for the past 3 years. I am putting my eggs in that basket for now(literally I guess .

I will let you know come August where things are if you are interested.

Once again, thank you, thank you. Have a peaceful sleep.
anna4969 is offline   Reply With Quote