HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-28-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
hermiracles

Tumour markers - how "high" is this?

Hello friends - I'm just learning about 'tumour markers' - it is all new to me!

Apparently my CA 15.3 was 22 U/mL on the 4th July. When taken on the 27th Nov it was 36H ( I think they put the H there to indicate 'high') How high is that? moderately? extremely?

Since July I have had a bilateral mastectomy and now an emergency hip replacement for #NOF - going from Stage 2 to Stage 4 (bone mets)

Meanwhile I still haven't started treatment for the HER2 specifically. I was to start today but the Herceptin hadn't arrived from Tasmania yet!? So hopefully next week I'll be starting Herceptin & Taxotere.

This is all happening so fast - waiting for treatment is not a pleasant thought when I feel like the cancer is racing thru my body ~ meanwhile getting around on my pick-up frame hoping I dont fracture at any of the 'spots' on my spine (is that possible?).

I take some comfort from the offers of support from local women and being able to come here and be amongst the healing energy and kindness. Prayer and listening to life are my constant companions.

Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom.
Blessings all
Hermiracles
09/07 Stage 2 bilat. mastectomy R/ b. clear extens DCIS/IDC Paget’s 8 nodes clear ER(<5%) HER2+++ CT clear
11/07 Portacath - FEC
15/11/07 Stage 4 Emerg op - hip replacemt #NOF bone mets H/Taxotere
12/07 Rx to 'spots' on spine/R/hip/femur 3wkly H
2008 H+T mets to rib/sternum? Aredia CT clear! Cont. H + Aredia 07/08 1 wk Palliative Care - mets to lungs + ?1 to brain
09/08 Stop H complete Epirubicin 1wk PC new brain mets
10/08 2wks WBR 1wk PC 22/10/08 Tykerb/Xeloda 12/08 6 CEREBRAL METS COMPLETELY GONE! Rib mets down to <1cm.
01/09 Tumour markers normal! Rx to L/arm
03/09 LUNGS CLEAR (ALL NODULES GONE!), brain clear, liver clear. Bones stable! ~ THANK YOU GOD
07/09 Repeat CT Scan ~ ALL organs clear apart from bones which remain stable. I walk in gratitude.
hermiracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:57 PM   #2
Grace

Hi,

I believe the cut-off for normal range is 30, so anything above would be considered high. Very sorry for the bone mets, but I'm sure your doctors will come up with a treatment plan to get rid of them soon. Best wishes.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
DonnaD

Hermiracles,
Your little ones are just adorable. They are lucky to have such a strong Mom. I have wanted to send you a post and now is the time.

I just had tumor markers run because I have two fractured ribs. Probably from radiation. I'll have another CT in Jan. I had no idea how to read the tests, my onc just told me they were in the normal range. Joe sent me a site that gives details. I am sure it will help you. Here it is http://her2support.org/tests/tm.htm

I know you are very anxious to start the Herceptin and Taxotere. I am not a patient person. I don't think afew days will make a huge difference. Just find peace in knowing soon you will be kicking that cancer in the butt!

Give those sweet babies a huge from a Grandma (my grandson named me BeBe ) in the States. I wish you well and you will be in my prayers.

Donna
Lumpectomy 8/30/06
Stage llA, grade 3, ER/PR-, Her2++
1.7 cm tumor, 1+ lymph node out of 9
Completed 4 A/C, & 4 Taxol with Herceptin
36 rads completed 5/16/07
Mammograms, 7/07 clear
fractured ribs in radiated area 10/07
Finished Herceptin 12/27/07
Mammogram,CT,tumor markers 1/08 - small lung nodules in radiated area, repeated tests 3/08 stable
Mammogram,CT ,tumor markers 6/08 stable
NED 2 years!!
3 years !!!
4years!!!!
4 years, 10 months and 8 day NED, calling it 5 years!!!
Official 5 years 8/30/2011
8/31/ 2012 - 6 years!!!!!!

Last edited by DonnaD; 11-28-2007 at 04:50 PM..
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote