HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-06-2006, 07:11 AM   #1
tousled1

Vanessa,

When I was on A/C I lost weight (about 25 lbs) then when I was on the Taxatore with Decadron as a pre-med I gained about 15lbs, so I'm just about where I started. I don't worry about my weight as I feel it is a small price to pay for fighting this disease.
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:20 AM   #2
Patty H

I gained 10 lbs from the first treatments which also threw me into menpause. After the treatments were over, I came out of menopause and lost most of the weight. The next time I was put back on chemo I gained it back and I never came back out of menopause. So I figure some of the weight is from that, since it is all around my middle. I was not over wieght when I started and my doctors say I look better with the weight. Bull! I know a lot of it is my faught. I used to go to the gym twice a week and walk twice a week. I tried to keep it up but after being put on different chemo's over and over. I just didn't feel I could do it anymore, so I have lost all my muscle I used to have. I am still trying to walk, but between age and chemo it's really hard to keep up. Patty H
Patty H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:38 AM   #3
Ora

I Gained

I've been overweight most of my adult life - up & down, and the only good thing I hoped I would get from having cancer was losing some weight. I gained 30 lbs which I found out wasn't unusual. I'm only on my 2nd Herceptin treatment and have 2 years of it left, so I'm really depressed about it. Actually, the way I found my lump was that I had lost 20 lbs and my breasts were softer and more sensitive to feeling. I am worried because Herceptin causes heart problems as does obesity so I have a double whammy. I've gone back on Atkins & lost 8 lbs and am strong enough now to exercise & walk more on a regular basis. This last year, it's been all I can do to make it to work in the morning. Also, I take ambien and I have woke up at night starving to death which I blame on the ambien. Who said life's fair!
Lumpectomy 8-4-05, 2cm tumor, 3 nodes neg, Completed 4 A/C, 4 taxol, decadron (weekly due to steriod reaction) finished 4-17-06
Finished 33 rads 6-5-06, Femara, Started Herceptin 6-22-06
Effexor for hot flashes, Taken off Herceptin Feb 2007 due to low LVEF (44 by Echo) Coreg & Lisinopril replaced bp meds - April Echo back up to 55 Resumed Herceptin 5-21-07.
2010: almost 5 YRS NED!!! Still taking Femara & Coreg. Due to all the CT scans, abdominal aneurysm found & repaired. Something good came out of having cancer.
2013 7+ years NED. Still on Femara
Ora is offline   Reply With Quote