HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2004, 10:31 AM   #2
Lyn

Hi, if anything the info I get from my onc and nurses is always the doom and gloom, the worst side effect and permanent damage. If I want to know anything I just type in the question at the top of the net page and hit GO and I usually get what I want to know, something so simple as that to do a search and I get answers. I have been doing this since 1998, continual chemo and radiation and meds,NED and not NED, and I have just been told that if I didn't have treatment for the enlarged lymps in my neck which were pressing on nerves causing pain to my head and shoulder, that I would loose the use of my good arm, the lymph side shoulder was fractured 18months ago and went missed and untreated, I am waiting for a shoulder replacement not even cancer related, and if I chose not to there was the possibility that I would loose it anyway. I have gone with the treatment and after one round of Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin I can turn my head without pain. Like life, everything is a gamble, and I don't do this entirely for my own sake, I keep on doing it for my family, I have a 14 year old daughter and 2 grown up sons with a supporting partner, and to visualise them at my funeral is heart breaking so I choose to carry on. If and I say if, I get to a stage where it is humiliating and degrading to go on with life, then I will make other choices. Hugs Lyn