HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2006, 07:58 PM   #11
Val Pfeiffer

The kind of yoga I took is Power Vinyasa Yoga. Tonight I took my first Pilates class. As often as my schedule allows I plan to take Yoga on Mondays and Wednesdays and Pilates on Tuesdays and Thursdays, all in the evenings. I already teach Spin (biking) classes in the very early morning, and I feel like I need these other classes in the evening to relax :-)

The answer to the other question about where I am having my reconstruction surgery...I am having it right in my own backyard--Neenah WI. Dr. Todd VanYe is the best guy around here, and that is advice from everyone I ask, including my friend who is a very talented surgeon. In addition to having a great reputation as a plastic surgeon, Todd does a lot of mission work around the world teaching drs. in 3rd world countries how to do basic procedures that will provide a huge increase in quality of life to the patients in those countries. In fact, I think he is Africa right now at this very moment. He is a great doc.

Because I have had radiation in additional to chemo, he advised me to consider opting for a latissimmus (sp?) flap--where a bit of skin from my back is tunneled through my armpit to be used as extra skin when he stretches my chest skin to make room for my implant. My skin is pretty tight and I am slender so there isn't much to work with. But I am opting to stretch the skin I have, since if it doesn't work as planned, that surgery will not preclude the flap surgery in the future. Plus I don't have far to stretch to match what I have on the other side :-)

For those of you who don't know my history, and you're curious (and you are bored and have extra time on your hands :-) my website is:

http://journals.aol.com/valleygirlvn...CancerUpdates/

thanks!
Val
Val Pfeiffer is offline   Reply With Quote