HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2014, 06:28 PM   #8
phil

Re: cancer drug turned down by NHS for cost

this is not regular Herceptin - it is what I call - ' super -Herceptin ". it is sad that another Big Govt agency ( insert " FDA " here ) makes such an un-informed decision . they should talk with the top her2 researchers here - this drug will outperform Herceptin and probably Herceptin combined with old style more toxic chemos ( promising Marianne trial results coming out ). how much is alife worth ? how much does the UK spend on their military every yr. ? the US spends 500 BILLION every yr. and this cancer war will kill many,many more of our citizens. in Us mst research 4 are now from private co.'s - at farber 62 % of research $ up from 32 % 10 yrs ago, that's the reality - so you can fight for more govt, taxpayer 4 for research - while you do over the next few yrs or longer - more of us will die - all thse median stats are on acurve - approx. 20 - 30 % of the early t dm-1 pts had asuper response like my wifes . those survival stats will only go up - and once again the citizens of the UK will be left out -unless you Speak Up - there are paralleles with our fight fix gig govt first -get these trials and access fixed , then the co.'s to really give us " personalized " medicine - or else ! look at my wife 's testimony below -- 3 yrs on kadcyla , ned, , and she is not unique ! join our fight for our Sateg IV Rights at "our her2cancer struggle on fb. off my page, Philip mccartin. http://youtu.be/AkQOLGpXf98
phil is offline   Reply With Quote