HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2006, 02:39 PM   #1
rinaina

two weeks following first tx..fever and exhausted

This week has been eventful in the fact that it is the first time I can actually say I haven't felt well and it has definitely gotten worse with each day. First let me assure you that I have been in constant contact with my onc nurse so I am okay, however, it started Monday with headaches and continued burning in my tongue. By Tuesday, the ulcers on the tongue the nurse asked if I had on Monday and didn't, appeared. She prescribed a compound to rinse with 15 min prior to eating just so I could eat without pain. I also felt more tired then usual. By Wednesday I felt like everything had been sucked out of me and couldn't keep my head up. I had a fever of 100.3. I was instructed to call if my fever reached 100.5 but I called anyway after taking 2 tylenol. The onc nurse called back and said continue with tylenol and if fever reached 101.6 then go to emergency room. She also said that since this is exactly 2 weeks following my first chemo tx that she would expect me to feel my worst because my white count was probably at it's lowest but that it would get better each day in time to start my next tx which is next Thursday the 15th. Today I am exhausted. I can do one thing in the morning when I get up, I choose to do the health club so I feel like I am doing something healthy for my body and then I am exhausted the rest of the day. I haven't been over doing it at the club either. Anyone else experience all of this after just one tx? I also started to lose my hair, yuck, on the 12th day following tx....kind of early to me. I was told on or about the 18th day. If I comb it, it comes out in bunches so only putting a comb through in morning once when I wake up and then I just gently pull it back with a loose scrunchy. Getting it cut on Monday when I go see my wigs guys. Don't mean to complain but I really feel pretty yucky and losing my hair early like this isn't helping my mood any. Thanks for letting me vent.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote