HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2006, 01:34 AM   #1
sarah

length of time on Herceptin

I've been on Herceptin for over 2 years now and I'm afraid to go off it but I am confused about what's the best plan - to fight to stay on it or to go off and see what happens. I see my main oncologist in July and I will have to think about what to say to him. last time I became almost hysterical when he discussed the possibility of stopping so he decided I should stay on it but I'm not sure how long he can "legally" keep me on it or how long is actually good or bad. My heart seems to stay stable. but sometime before July I'm sure I'll bring up these concerns again.
I have a very sneaky, hard to see cancer. It's somewhere outside the breast between the breasts but only biopsies ever show it and MRIs show it as inflammation. it's like a star field. the surgeon noted it as metatastic but it's "close by" so I'm not even sure what stage I am. I'm not sure how they stage things here in France and I've been nervous to ask directly. I'll have a sonogram of the area again soon because they've seen something suspicious - could be surgery scars or cancer so that may tell more - this after radiation.
any thoughts or information or personal stories about the length of time for Herceptin and whether there's any negative to staying on it as long as I can? There's no way I can get the serum test done here, can't even get the CA27,29.
sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote