HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2006, 08:02 PM   #22
lu ann

Dear Tom, I met many patients of Cancer Treatment Centers of America who were told by their previous oncologist to go home and make arrangements die. They were all told that there was no hope. There was one man I met who had pancreatic cancer. The only treatment he was offered was a clinical trial at one of the big University Hospitals. Noone in the trial survived. He and his wife came to C.T.C.A. where I was being treated. He was very near death. They admitted him into the hospital and immediately gave him nutrition with feeding tube. Once he got some of his strength back they started him on chemo and rad. treatment. He started to come back to life. Noone in his hometown expected him to come home alive. He not only came home, he and his son rode motorcylces from Maine to California. The owner of this hospital lost his own mother from cancer. He vowed that every patient who came to his hospital would get the care his mother did not recieve. His goal was to treat the whole person and give them what his mother did not receive, Hope. God has answered your prayers. You and your mother are so blessed to have each other. You are so fortunate to have this bond with her. So many children take for granted that their loved ones will be around forever. I lost my own mother to cancer, but I have been blessed with a wonderful mother in-law. I can't imagine life without her. I will continue to pray for you.

Love and Blessing, Lu Ann
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote