HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2006, 12:25 AM   #1
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile For those down under - I love my Onc

Hi all, well I saw my onc on Friday, his holiday was actually moving back into his house while he did renovations. He is a breath of fresh air after all of the panic this week. He bieng Boris Chern, is Director of Oncology Redcliffe/Caboolture, and David Schlect, Radiology Wesley Private Hospital and they are both appearing on Monday night 7.30 Report on air Brisbane, together with a lady from our hospital, I am guessing it will have something to do with funding Herceptin, he wasn't aware that Kylie Minogue even tested for Herceptin but he knows now thanks to this board. Well he took me off the sterhoid, it seems I have no oedema on my spine, I asked the question and the tumour is not in my spine but pressing against it and it is easier for him to prescribe 20mg of Oxycontin for the pain than 15mg, go figger. He isn't very positvie of a surgical opinion so I am skipping that one, like who needs another doc, I have to let the orthopaedic doc know his little bit of a stiff shoulder needing a little bit of physio would like to whack him in the face, and I am not having a compression fracture but I will be starting Gemzar/Txl/Zometa/Herceptin weekly for 3 weeks on 14 March and 1 week off, he warned me the Zometa his gonna be painful, so what's new, I have already had Txl so having 100mg dose with this regime. He also asked if I was sure I wanted to recommence my eostrogen blocker, I told him to bring it on I would take 2 a day if it helped, apparantly only need one, once it is switched off that is it, and I thought I was onto something. So at least I can look down the track a bit further knowing we still have plenty in the pipeline, and we can have a centenial page instead of a memorial page, lets face it we are pretty much chemical these days anyway just need the right preservatives. So lets go get it AGGGGGAAAAIIIIN???? And I am still in the game.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote