HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2006, 09:32 PM   #1
Chelee

18 tx seems longer then most?

I am still so new to all this and had a questions about my chemo if anyone could enlighten me. I see alot of people mention they had 6 treatments of AC, or 12 treatments of Herceptin, Taxotere, etc. I see people with four, six, twelve...but *not* eighteen like me?

I know everyones treatment plans are different depending on stage, tumor makers etc. But I have found quite a few that are pretty close to mine and no one is having 18 treatments like I am. I thought maybe eighteen was normal till I have read so many posts that I am almost blind. lol

I am a stage IIIA, high grade aggressive cancer...Er & Pr was first said to be weakly positive...but last visit now he did another FISH and said it is positive on both. (Why it changed is beyond me...he doesn't take time to explain things to me.) Also I am Her2/Neu 3 +++. So with that information...is it normal for me to have 18 treatments?

I first thought I was going to be going in every three weeks like I see most people do. But I now find out its weekly. My first chemo was Feb. 7th which at that time I had the Herceptin, Taxotere, and Carbpotin. Then the following week I had JUST the Herceptin....and this Monday will be JUST the Herceptin again. Then the next week...back to all three drugs...and this goes on for a total of 18 weeks as I mentioned. Is this a little longer time then most...or pretty normal with my markers?

I was told my case was discussed with a board of doctors that decide on my treatment plan...so maybe its more normal then I think. I just get tired of this weekly deal and I just started. But I will do whatever it takes to kick some "C" behind.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote