HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2005, 03:20 AM   #1
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile Any suggestions

Hi all, I saw my onc today when I had my triple dose. I asked him how long I should be on Xeloda and Cycloblastin, guess what, ah! he doesn't know, maybe because I was the one who asked for it in the first place, he hadn't used this combo before. I then asked what experience he had with the 5FU cream because I am not sure how long I need to use it, guess what, ah! he doesn't know, same again, he actually thought my breast didn't look any worse than the last time he saw it, well I had news for him, it looks a bit like radiation burn, so I asked if the cream only worked on the mets area or where the cream was and he said where the cream was but to me it has taken on the same pattern as the radiation, so I don't know that either. Then I asked how were we going to know what was working, same answer again, so I said maybe I will have to remain on Xeloda maintenance dose indefinately and he said he would be happy with that. Short answer was he said I ask too many hard questions, so I said well I will go home and ask my buddies and let him know. I told him that I had just been informed that I had been on Herceptin for 4 years and he had a look in his book and said, I know, I was number 38 to have it, must be in Australia because there are only 2 more at my hospital I just found out, but over 1600 all up, he then said "It is a Miracle I am still alive", guys what do you make of this, my hands are up in the air.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote