HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2005, 07:08 AM   #1
Martha

Unhappy Out of GW..... trial, now on Navelbine/Herceptin.

Hi there all, I'm sorry to say that I am out of the GW572016 trial that is so very promising. The CT I had a couple of weeks ago showed increase in tumor size and it was enough of an increase to pull me out of the study. They feel the study drug is no longer helping.

I am Stage IV IBC HER2+, 35 yrs. old, DX @ 33 in May 2003, easier to say what drugs I haven't done because I've done just about all of them. Now on one drug left at that is Gemzar.

Saw the doctor on Wed down in Indy and she gave me my first infusion of Navelbine w/ Herceptin. Didn't really have bad side effects, super tired, and bone pain from the devil, lol.

Does anyone on here know of anyone in my position that has actually survived this wicked diagnosis. I keep going to sleep hoping I'll wake from this terrible nightmare and be able to raise my four children but; I wake and I'm still in the nightmare.

Has anyone with IBC had a positive response on Navelbine. They won't scan me again till nine weeks from this past Wed. I'll be a ball of nerves till then and even if it does work, how long will that last, I have no clue. I'm so scared. I posted on the clinical trial board last week and got a couple of responses, someone suggested I put it on this board as well. Thank you all for taking the time to read this.
Blessings to all, Martha
Martha is offline   Reply With Quote