HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2005, 08:35 PM   #1
vpfeiffer

hi everyone--
I received my last radiation treatment on Tuesday. I had 30 doses...CT/IMRT was used to plan my treatments to superclav, axillary nodes, chest wall and internal mammary nodes. So I have a pretty nasty triangular shaped peeling burn above my scar. I have an even worse burn under my arm--the armpit area has got to be the worst place to have a burn! (I taught my Spin indoor group cycling classes through chemo & radiation and now that I'm done with those things I can hardly stand wearing a sports bra!) I am having a hard time find clothing in my closet that I can wear that isn't snug around the armpit area.

I am using some aloe-based gel that my rad onc doc gave me, which helps, but at times I am very uncomfortable. It is a real pain--literally :-)

My last five treatments were a boost to the scar area, so I am sure I will have these same burn problems in that area by next week.

Can any of you offer advice? I can deal with the pain; my main concern is doing everything I can to help the burns heal properly. The last thing I want is to get an infection and increase my risks of lymphedema.

Thanks, and have a great holiday weekend!

Val