HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2005, 03:10 PM   #1
AlaskaAngel

I may be beating this drum too often, but I do think this group of people may be large enough to be worth a clinical trial since the oncs clearly don't have a consensus (i.e., they just don't KNOW enough to say, and we are high and dry for some real answers).

Patients and oncs working in this category are going at it hit or miss and have to stumble around as best we can, and at the end of all this effort and expense there will be no data to learn from.

I believe there are years and years of currently NED HER2's who were treated with either CMF, CEF, CAF, or AC without getting Herceptin, and who would be willing to consider participating in a clinical trial where some would be treated with a taxane with Herceptin and some with just Herceptin. There are also years and years of those who didn't even know what HER2 was, and who might now be having their tumor samples retested; or like me, whose oncs never even told them they were actually tested and determined to be HER2 positive.

Keep in mind that it is possible and even likely that there are more individually targeted therapies coming our way "someday". It is also true that Herceptin doesn't work for everyone who happens to be HER2 positive.

So, how many of YOU would consider participating IF there was a clinical trial offered to determine whether Herceptin with a taxane vs without a taxane for a period of time for those of us who are HER2 positive and NED? Do you have any other thoughts to add?

AlaskaAngel