HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2004, 10:37 PM   #1
lu ann

I went to CTCA in Zion last March for a second opinion for bone mets. They flew my husband and I there 03/15/04 at their cost. We immediately met with the staff, doctors, repeated tests, had more tests, etc. By 03/18/04 they had a treatment plan. My husband went home 03/20/04 and I stayed for 6 weeks and completed 22 rad. tx's. They provided some additional travel home for me to visit and all meals were included. All we had to pay for is my lodging and co-pays. They offer more then just traditional cancer threatment. Naturopathy, accupuncture, nutrition, mind/body, pastoral, physical therapy, etc. are included in the plan. All the staff were wonderful to us. I have never been treated with the respect and care anywhere else, like I was treated there. The radiation oncologist sat down with us and my scans and explained everything. We were never rushed to make a decision. I think you are doing the right thing to get a second opinion regardless of where you go. I'm sorry about your reoccurrence. God Bless You. Love, Lu Ann.