HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2013, 03:02 AM   #1
haleuow

Arrow Rad or mastectomy ?

Hi

My wife recently been diagnosed stage 2a ER/PR- HER2+, invasion breast cancer 17/01/2013. The tumor got invasion size 10mm and outside about 20mm Per cancer unit (I think that is mean IDC 10mm plus DCIS 20mm), grade 3. we did the lumpectomy around 01/02/2013. there are 6 nodes been moved. doctor said the path report see there was a tiny dot on one node surface, I do not know whether it should be 0/6 or 1/6.

Doctor give us 6 round TCH followed by one year herption as an treatment, but the problem for us need to determine whether to take an Mastctomy or Radi after the Chemo, she had 5 rounds done, and we are close to make this decision. She has an aunt(her mom's sister) has breast cancer and is living well for about 20 years so far, she had one side mastectomy at that time. My wife also did the Gen test which are Neg for BCRA1 and BCRA2. Doctors said will be no difference for both options, meanwhile my wife's parents think mastectomy probably a better way.

My wife is only 29 years and I am in early 30s, we do not have a lot of money to pay for on-going cosmetic expense if it is private. I am not sure how successfully the reconstruction will be, how she will feel afterwards. I am not sure how much on-going expense that well be.

Advice and help will be appreciate!
haleuow is offline   Reply With Quote