HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
Laurel

Popping On To Say "Hi!" It's Been A Long Time No See

Hi Everyone!

Gosh, it has been so long since I have been on the site! I have a dozen pages of new posts to read through! That should take me weeks! I'll never catch up!

I will update you guys with me and then begin to get up to speed on all of you. Firstly, my mother developed an abscessed tooth which lead to mental confusion and hallucinations. This is common in the elderly and can take weeks to several months to right itself once the infection has been knocked out with antibiotics. For the past weeks I have been living between two homes which does nothing to help my chemo-brain! With the aide of a potent little pill she is now able to see fewer elves dancing in the trees and dead bodies on the lawn. I think we are in our 7th or 8th week (but who's counting?). My wonderful family have helped hold the fort during all of this staying with their grandmother so I could work, etc. My oldest son has moved in with her so at least I sleep in my own bed instead of one of her recliners. I think I may have a permanent crook in my neck from that danged recliner!

At some point several weeks ago before things spiraled into full blown mania, I met my fellow Pennsylvanian, Barb Amme from Sullivan County. We met in a little country diner and blabbed away for over 2 hours! It was as though we had known one another for years! Barb is wonderful, bright, witty, and smart (but of course she is a member of Her2Support!!). I wish we had thought to snap pictures and I promise when I see her again we will. I plan on getting together with her again in the Autumn if my life permits. We have a cabin up in the mountains in Sully which is a beautiful county with rolling mountain terrain & lovely meandering streams traversed by old wooden covered bridges that lend themselves to the "Currier & Ives" charm. Barb's little village has a country store that houses the post office that I swear is straight out of Petticoat Junction! When we left it boys were jumping off the bridge into the creek below on a classic hot summer day.....can you say Norman Rockwell?

Well, that's all for me. I'll get busy trying to catch up on all of you although I admit I was shocked at how much time has apparently passed judging by the amount of new threads and posts! I am sorry I have missed your triumphs and sorrows. Love to All!

Laurel

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote