HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
Christine Mary

Finished chemo, have a few questions

Had my last chemo (FED-D) treatment three weeks ago. Still having some side effects from the doxetaxel. I have a few questions that maybe some of you maybe able to help with.

1. I have real issues with my eyes. Excessive tearing mixed with dry eye,scratchy eyes and twitching. I am using reolacement tears now. Are any other drops helpful, and how long do these symptoms last!

2. I had a mastectomy on my left side. I don't have an appointment with the plastic surgeon until Nov for reconstruction. I am trying to decide if I should have a prophylactic Mx on right side before recontruction as they don't like to combine the surgeries here. I understand that IDC is not likely to reoccur in othernbreast, but I was wondering how likely it is to get another primary BC in other breast.

3. I still had periods during my "FEC" portion of chemo but they stopped withnthe doxetaxel. I am 45 and had not begun menopause at all at diagnosis. I am Er neg so no tamoxefen for me. I was wondering if it is likely that my periods will start again. Chemo was like instant menopause....kind of like " rapid detox". Wondering if my body will kick start again.

Well thanks in advance if anyone can help. I live in Canada where FEC-D is more common so I'm not sure if there are many on this board who had this chemo.

Christine