HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
schoolteacher

Smile Update

I haven't posted on what has been happening with me lately, so I thought today would be a good day to let everyone know what has been happening.

In August, my oncologist found that I had four tumors in my lungs and an enlarged lymph node.

I called a member of this board who is very wise about our type of cancer. We discussed Navelbine and Herceptin. She recommended I ask about the T-DM1 trial.

I did. My doctor was very excited about me participating in the trial. I told him my luck had not been too good during the last week.

Well, I was accepted into the trial, but I did not get the arm of the trial I wanted. I was placed on the Tykerb and Xeloda arm.

I have completed two cycles of the drugs. I had to stop two days before the first cycle was complete due to the reaction in my body. I did finish the second cycle without any problems. My dosage was reduced by 25% during the second cycle.

I had scans on Monday and got the results yesterday. One tumor is gone in my lung and the other four have shrank by over 50%.

I started my third cycle yesterday. I have noticed that some of the woman on the board are not taking as high of a dosage as I have been given. It will be interesting to see if they have to reduce my dosage.

I hope by me participating in this trial that the T-DM1 medicine will be approved soon. I went to a nutrition workshop offered by Genetech last night, and an oncologist that works with Genetch was there, and I asked her when she thought the drug would be released. She said, "2012." I told her the women on the HER2 board were very upset about the delay by the FDA.

I am worried about not getting Herceptin and taking my Tamoxifen. I do not know my estrogen level. I should know that next week.

My HER2 level was at 52 in August. It is now at 39. It will be interesting to see if it goes back into normal range now that I am not blocking my estrogen.

Amelia
schoolteacher is offline   Reply With Quote