HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
mimiflower07

Location: We presently live 1 1/2 hrs fr a city. in manitoba canada
struggling with my AI's(i hate them)

hi guys, well i have been bouncing right along with the usual aches & pains but my body pains have hit a new cresendo. I honestly do not feel i can continue to take them. I ve given my self a 2wk holiday , sorta told the dr sorta not. I really felt i needed to remove one variable. To really assess if my stomach distention, burning(like ulcer symptoms)roaming back pains that find me attached to icepacks daily and fatigue were all
the result of my medication. Well guess what...fatigue has improved so much i require less naps. the stiffness in joints almost gone. Back pain still there but with less intensity.(no pain at night) But the big one, my stomach is much better. Less constipation. Almost feel like my old self(heaven forbid) I'm on aromasin, have been on tamoxifin then crossed over after having ovaries out. Roughtly 2.5 yrs intotal. I would consider trying another to get me to 3yrs. Honestly i just don't know. I have arthritic changes to my spine before ca now they seem amplified. I'm scared of long term damage as a result of staying on for full five yrs. My kids want a mom who can still run, and ride bike blablabla..
I do not take this lightly but i just don't know what to do. how much estrogen can my fat cells be making.
Any words of wisdom, now would be the time to jump in. I've called my onc to make an app but i want to know if other have found improved quality of life on different meds or if those who went back to tamoxifin
feel happy with there decisions. Or anyone who has just discontinued them.

thanks Suzanne(3 yrs ned)
tumor 2.5cm multifoc
bil mast recon sept 24/07
neg snb/neg lymph vascular
clear marg
chemo a/cx 4 rds
tomoxifan started feb11/08
herceptin to begin soon
herceptin completed feb/09
aromacin(A.I)for as long as i can
mimiflower07 is offline   Reply With Quote