HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2010, 08:44 AM   #21
Karen Wheel

Re: Chemo brain

Well, I swim most all days unless the waves are too big! But most times now (because it is summer) it is really calm and well, we have no sharks so its not scary! Plus the water is so transparent and clean and clear --- it is AMAZING! I truly do live in paradise. I know it - I am so lucky! Also, did I mention that because I have "permission to live here" from the government all my health care is 100% paid for!? I have spent in all my therapy less than 200 euros and that was just because I had to pay for my gync apt and my first mammogram (after I found the lump) I paid for (45 euros!) because I didn't realize because I don't "WORK" - I am entitled to free exams. So even the PET scan I did today was free! How cool is that!?

AND, thank you for saying that I am getting stimulation, however I feel really really stupid every day as I can't speak english great anymore (as it is degrading) and my Italian doesn't seem to be improving! UGH! Piano, piano (which means .... slowly, slowly) and all will work out --- I HOPE!

If you want to see some amazing photos of my life here (and my very cool first year organic garden!) and sea photos .... you can see me on Facebook at Karen Wheel. I'm the only one in Sardegna!

I am also trying to finish a book I started before cancer --- and now I am over 1/2 done. It is about the life I found here and the courage it took to change my life to move here --- leaving big corporate job and selling my house and pulling all my money out of the US --- for true love and a simple quiet life in Italy. After I got cancer it was so hard for me to think of how I keep writing the book on paradise and longevity and courage when I didn't know if I would live.... so when I got my head around beating cancer .... then the book started to really come along! Hoping to finish and get it sold by the end of the year --- HOPE! But my big organic garden, morning and evening swims are cutting into my writing progress! :-)

Thanks again! Karen
3-09 – Right Quadrantectomy. Clear margins.
3 lymph nodes taken - all clear
Tumor results: Stage 1, 1.5 cm, Her2 +++
Est positive 80% - Prog 10% - Ki67 postive 30%
4-09 – Became a vegan! pH balance of body - cancer can't grow in neutral pH!
4-09 Started Herceptin & Chemo (9 weeks of Navelbine *)
* FYI - when coupled with Herceptin has the same results as more toxic chemo. No brainer!
8-09 - 30 RADS
9-09 - Said NO to hormone therapy
4-10 Finished Herceptin!!!!

7-10 PET Scan & other exams .... All clear! YIPPEE!!!!
11-10 Breast, organ Ultrasounds and lung x-rays all clear no changes ... NED!

2-25-2011 --- 2 years from surgery and NED!!!!!!
7-2011 Clear bone scan and full body and head MRI! NED! NED! NED! ;-)[/SIZE]
Karen Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote