HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
WolverineFan

Pet Scan for Stage 1?

Hi All,

I have a question because to my surprise, as I went in for my last Herceptin treatment on May 4th, my onc said that she wanted me back in a month for a pet scan. I asked if something was wrong, and she said it was precautionary. I then ran into my surgical onc, and told her I was going to have a pet scan done, and she was aware of this. I asked her if this was routine for stage 1 bc patients, and she said "no". When I asked why I was getting it, she simply said that it was precautionary. My onc does not use tumor markers, so I am not sure what has them concerned. Honestly, I am grateful to get a pet scan as that way I know for sure that all is well, but am curious if other stage 1 patients had a pet scan after completing Herceptin, and also curious as to what may cause them concerns. I've been feeling really well, so I don't know that I said anything that would have them concerned. I have a rash along my spine from the Herceptin that I've had from the very beginning. My onc has never liked that, but from everything I've read (articles and on this board) a rash is not uncommon while taking Herceptin. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts to all of this.

Thanks so much, and a very happy Mother's Day to all her2 mom's out there!!!

3/35/2009 - Diagnosed, age 39
5/7/09 - Mastectomy and reconstruction started. Two tumors found. Tumors were side by side. DCIS tumor was 2.8 cm, ER-, PR-, grade 2. Invasive tumor was 1.1 cm, poorly differentiated, grade 3, ER+90%, PR+95%, HER2+3. Thankfully, no node involvement.
5/29/09 - Second surgery resulting from difficulty healing from mastectomy.
6/2/09 - Began Herceptin treatments
6/23/09 - Began Taxotere and Carboplatin treatments along with Herception every 3 weeks.
10/06/09 - Completed Taxotere and Carboplatin - Yeah!!!
10/27/2009 - Herceptin maintenance and began Femara
12/10/2009 - 2nd stage reconstruction surgery
2/2010 - Body rejected saline implant
3/18/2010 - Second stage reconstruction using silicone implant
5/4/10 - Completed Herceptin - YEE-HAA!
May '10 - Body rejects silicone implant...taking a break.
11/29/10 - Hysterectomy
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote