HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
Carolyns

Bump in the road...talk me off of the ledge

Hi All - I am freaking out a little... you know a vmail from the doc on Friday.

Okay here goes... I am Stage IV with mets in the bones. My right arm started hurting a while ago and it has gotten really bad over the past 8 weeks. Now I can hardly move it away from my side. So I finally fessed up to my doctor and she sent me for an exray. The exray said that a fracture could not be ruled out. So the NP sent me for an MRI... I finished the MRI (which was ordered stat). My NP had told me to schedule with a Radiologist Oncologist for next week. Anyway, when I get home I have a message that they made an appointment with a Orthopedic Surgeon for me on Monday but that I still need to see the Radiologist Oncologist. She also told me not to do any exercise over the weekend.

My history is that I had a cervical vertebrae replaced 4 years ago due to bc mets cancer... but it never hurt. I got a call late Friday that I needed to see a surgeon the following Monday. So I am flashing back to needing some sort of replacement surgery. Why would I be going to the ortho? Could it be as simple as just to rule out a broken bone? I am so nervous I have a call into my Dr. who is on vacation.

Ohhh I hate these Friday evening calls. Please talk me down.

Thanks for listening.

Carolyn
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote