HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2010, 12:48 AM   #25
Chelee

Re: Chelee????

Thanks Margerie! We are having some beautiful weather right now...that's for sure. I plan on taking advantage of the sunny days this wk.

Jacqueline, Yes things have gotten better in many ways. The clean scans and lungs improving were major to me. Right now I more concerned as to why radiation to my femur seems to be causing me so much pain? I'm sure some of it is inflammation as you said. I like that Rads Onc at this new place...at least she answers my questions which is a nice change. I will call her early tomorrow before my appt and let her know what's going on. I now have swelling in the right ankle too...but maybe this is all normal. I've only had 4 days of rads to femur and its sure caused alot of pain in different places. I almost hate to see what another six days will do? But I won't panic until I talk to my Rads doc.

As to the chemo I already asked my onc why she wanted to stop my chemo? She said because all my scans were clean so she wants to stop & save things for later. I happen to disagree with her. We got off to a slow start with the chemo the way she was doing things. We only added the Navelbine in the mix on Dec. 7th...so I think it's far too soon. It's up to me anyway so she loses. The side affects haven't been too bad...thinning hair and slight neuropathy in a couple fingers...other then that its very doable. So I'll stick it out a bit longer. (Plus I'm still doing the Herceptin/Zometa)

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote