HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #21
Chelee

Re: Trt stopped, & now a wheelchair & walker...

It seems I don't have much choice other then to have the femur fixed first. I can't do anything since I can't put any weight on my rt hip. I am so tired of sitting here! This toe touching crap isn't easy...I have to put too much body weight on upper arms & it's painful. In fact when Lani mentioned crutches I decided to dig out an old pair we have. It's alot better then the walker & I can move thru the house quicker!
So it looks like I'll have to do surgery first, but I'd be lying if I didn't say it is scarying the heck out of me to wait to start trt. The Ortho said I would be at the hospital for 3 days & start walking immediatly the following day. Then I would come home & have another 14 days to let it heal & then start chemo. (Barring everything goes as planned with the surgery.)

It was obvious the Ortho was not happy with my onc telling me my hip was fine. His tone of voice went up and let me know he totally disagreed with my onc! So looks like I have to get this fixed because I can't do anything in this condition. I will be continuing Herceptin & will find out this coming wk if TMers are still dropping with herceptin alone? I'm uncertain about the Zometa? I've read that you need a washout period if your having surgery...but yet this Ortho said it's no problem?

Chrisy I sure hope your right about me looking back on this in six months. With so much recurrence in my body and no chemo has me so worried. Right axilla & liver area has pain that was not there. Then the newly found borderline inguinal nodes worries me. Just so much time keeps going by with no trt. I might try to call Dr. Slamon's office again but I only paid for a consult that one time...don't want them getting upset with me? I've called there prior to this a few times. Although his NP has been so nice! I need to do something...I just don't want this spreading anymore then it has. I still might look into the Tykerb...although I'm not sure how diarrhea works when you can't move very fast after a rod is placed down femur. This seems like a good argument for getting a ok for herceptin/Tykerb.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.

Last edited by Chelee; 11-08-2009 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: Corrected error.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote