HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
Carolyns

Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit

Hi All,

I stopped my treatment last Thursday due to progression. I am trying really hard to get into the new TDM1 trial. The closest place offering it is in Detroit and I am in South Florida. This new trial will require visits on Day 1, 8 & 15 for the first 3 cycles. So, if I qualify, then I will need to go to Detroit 9 times within the first 2.5 months. I still work full time and I am a single mom head of household. Even so, I feel that this is my best shot "if" I can qualify for the trial.

I am going to try to contact the airlines to see if I can get a break on the airfare. I am not in bad financial shape, yet, so I can do this. It will be stressful to try to do my job and get my 10 year old son taken care of but this is such a great opportunity, "if" I can get in. I don't want to put the cart before the horse here... so I have to keep mentioning that before any of this matters I must first qualify to get into the study.

Has anyone been to this cancer institute? Any tips for me in any direction... I am just putting one foot in front of the other and hoping like heck that I can get in to the trial.

Thanks for all of your support!

Carolyn
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote