HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
erica35

Need advice after progression on herceptin/avastin/navelbine

If any of you have the patience or time I could really use some real world advice to give to my friend (postmenopausal ER+ HER2+ stage 4) with liver mets. She's being offered a tykerb/herceptin bridge until she can get into a TDM2 trial. I've been reading up and have a few questions...

-For those of you who have used it how tolerable is tykerb?
-If she is already resistant to herceptin is the tykerb/herceptin bridge really going to do much for her? My thought is that it might a little but I'm not sure that this is what should be chosen after the first progression. I'm thinking that she might get better sensitization by combining tykerb with an anti-hormonal and then can go back to using herceptin again. Any thoughts or experiences about timing of new therapies after progressing on herceptin.
-I feel that now would be the time to try the T cell either the CEA or HER2 studies. Has anyone done them and what do you think?
-Do you know a breast cancer center specializing in HER2 metastatic cancer who you can recommend for second opinions?
-Those of you who did the TDM1 trial what was your experience?
-And finally but most importantly any advice on how best to support her emotionally through the first progression (8 months after mets diagnosis)? I feel like I don't know how to hit the right note between anger/hope/grief.

Thanks. I know how stressed many of you are and please don't feel obligated to respond.

Hugs, Erica
erica35 is offline   Reply With Quote