HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2009, 11:00 AM   #1
Joy

Hi guys

I'm here and thank you for thinking about me. I have been in a physical and mental funk for awhile. I definitely feel fatigued from E/C and I don't like it at all. Last week I developed a really high fever and 2 odd pains, get this-one in my right inner thigh and the other in my left forearm. Certain movements were very painful and my mobility was hampered. It makes no sense. I started on Invanz (IV antibiotic) because of the fever and blood cultures were taken-all of which came back normal. So I don't know if I did 7 days of antibiotics for nothing or what. My normal temp is usually 97 ish so for it to reach 104 for 2 days seemed alarming. It is driving me crazy as to what all of it would be.

My last chem panel showed some good things and that was after 2 treatments. ALT/AST were about normal, alkphos was finally coming down into 300 range from 400plus. My CA27.29 also came down from 400plus to 300 range. I just hate to get to excited because that happened on the DM1 trial too and then things got worse in the liver.

So I have been in bed a lot, slow moving, slow thinking, feeling like a lousy mother/friend, whatever. And worrying a lot about how the E/C is working and what if my liver just can't take any more drugs and if my days are really numbered. I just feel very little hope and I don't exactly know why. I feel like I always look stupid and pale and old and, of course the no hair thing is making me feel more so.

I am just a big whiny pants I know and I am sorry. I am just in worry mode-which I know helps nothing. I also know that I love all of you so much and I know that you have felt these things before and that our struggles are unique and some are much harder than mine-which is why I hate to post when I feel like this. I think about all of you everyday and keep pratying for some miracles-even little breakthrough miracles would be great.

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote