Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
Carolyns

Progression in liver - TDM1 Trial info. please - sad

Progression in liver - TDM1 Trial info. please - sad

Hi All -

Just came from the doctors. Thought it would be a quick in and out and she came by my chair and said to come see her...my scans were back. I thought I had breezed by inScanity this time but now I go into a panic. Now that I am home I am sad and scared. I get angry at myself because I feel like I should get better and handling this stuff. Then I cry...then I come here.

Anyway, it seems that there is a new tumor in my liver 3 centimeters. I have gone from 1 tumor to 7, then to 3, then to none visible and now to 1 again over this past 3 years of mets. So I am going for a PET to confirm.

It looks like TDM1 may be in my future if I qualify for the study and can get into a trial. I think I must have measurable disease and the liver lesion is the only thing measurable.

A couple of questions for anyone on TDM1 - how is the treatment? I am on Navelbine now and have been on Abraxane and Gemzar. I may have to drive a distance to get in a study and I work full time. How are the side effects and do they ease over time or get worse? Are there pre-meds?

Any words of wisdom on TDM1 and words of encouragement are welcome.

Thanks for listening.

Carolyn
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote