HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
madubois63

last one in San Antonio...Hi from madubois63

Well, everyone else is gone, and I will be heading to the airport very shortly. I will need a few days to sift through the many pieces of information I collected. I actually had to buy a new suitcase to bring home all the stuff!! I picked up some information on IBC and just so much on metestatic bc that my head is spinning. It is very exciting to see what is coming our way. Just a little tidbit for you that I thought was so amazing. Dr. Susan Love told us about a project she is working on. It is a sort of band-aid that is placed on the nipple. The woman then massages the breast, and if fluid is present, it will turn the band-aid colors showing protiens that are in bc (or not). From there the woman will go on to get further testing. If it works like they want it too, it will save so many lives. Think about our daughters, grandkids and women in less developed counties that can buy this in the drug store and do a simple test at home...

Please keep the faith. So much is happening, and it is happening fast. I know for some of us it may not seem fast enough, but they are making incredible advancements!!! The doctors, reasearchers and scientists are always happy to see us - the end result of what they are doing. Christine is just AMAZING, but you all know that and the rest of the ladies (and gents) that were here are just the friendliest, most amazing people!! I can not thank Joe and Christine enough for this opportunity and can't wait to have the time to pass along some of the things I learned.

Love to you all...Maryann
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06