HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2008, 07:29 PM   #1
DianneS

Question Herceptin questions

I am hoping that herceptin will work for me but a bit wary because there is no test to determine if it IS working or not.

So, how can the medical world say it 'works in about 50% of cases'? What is the determining factor? Getting a recurrence? Or something else?

There is a 39 page article/study done by Dr. Ralph Moss available free to look at online at his website. The article is called "Herceptin or Deceptin"? I'm bringing it to my doctor Tues. I see no reason to go onto Herceptin if what Dr. Moss says is true. He believes Herceptin is hyped and not the cure-all it is made up to be. I hope he's wrong.

I'd like to know what you guys think of this article.

I was told that Herceptin boosts my chances of no recurrence to 80% within 10 years but now I wonder what they base that figure upon. If women who are early breast stage were only given Herceptin in 2005 they don't have a 10 year span to even know what will happen 10 years from now. Prior to 2005 Herceptin was given only to stage IV breast cancer women. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't want to be a nay-sayer but I do want to know fact from fiction. Hope to get feedback from the article,
Diannes
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote