HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2008, 01:01 PM   #23
Unregistered

Hi, Lolly's daughter here

Hi everyone, I just wanted to add my thanks to Bo's for all the kind messages. We really had no idea that she had such an impact on everyone here - she was always so humble. But I'm not really surprised. Throughout my entire life, she has always been such an inspiration to me, and I don't think there is anyone whose advice and approval meant more to me. Except Dad, of course... Bo and I really hit the parent lottery. We are so lucky.

I just wish each and every one of you could have met her in person. She always had a smile on her face, was so patient and kind, and god she was strong... she never complained to me about being sick, not once. She had such grace, and was just a naturally positive person. If it was ever work to keep that positive attitude (and I'm sure it must have been, at times), she just never showed it. Dad and Bo and I were laughing yesterday about one time when she really got annoyed with Dad and tried to flip him off.... and gave him a thumbs up instead. Negativity was just not in her nature.

I miss her so much... but I keep telling myself that while she definitely didn't deserve all she had to go through with this damn disease, she did deserve the peaceful end she had. I am thankful that it was so quick, and that at least at the end she wasn't in much pain. And that Dad, who was truly her soul mate, was with her.

Thank you, all of you who knew her, for your friendship to her over the years. I know it meant a lot to her. And thank you for all the love and support you are sending our way - it means a lot to us. I don't know how we'll get through without her... but I know that somehow, we will. We owe it to her not to let her loss cripple us. We were so lucky to have had her for as long as we did.

Anneliese